Focused Enneagram Discussion
 Bible Characters by Enneagram Type?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarlosPhirun

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  3:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarlosPhirun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What are some obvious Bible characters and their type?

I've heard of Jacob as 3

3W4

dsc

7689 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  3:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit dsc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've heard Moses as 6...
Go to Top of Page

Stormy

16347 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  3:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarlosPhirun

"The biblical Eve is an enneatype Six; she defied God the Father, a One because his commandments seemed arbitrary and his authority over her was assumed rather than earned. (The Six/One dynamic tends to be contentious like that.) The New Testament's "Doubting Thomas" is also a classic type Six personality, as evidenced by his name."
- 'Enneatype Six', the enneagram...info from the underground

Go to Top of Page

Gontxu

Argentina
565 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  4:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gontxu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RUTH was a Two

(wherever You Go,I´ll Go With You...Wherever You´ll be, I´ll be with you...)

GONTXU
IT´s A City Of Strangers, Some Come To Stare, Some To Stay...

E 3 (SX / SO/ SP )
ENFJ

Go to Top of Page

DigitalCrash

4435 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  5:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit DigitalCrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarlosPhirun

I've heard of Jacob as 3

3W4

Jesus is said to be a two.

2w3 So/Sx/Sp, ENFJ 2-5-9
Zodiac:
Sagitarrius (Greek)
Horse (Chinese)
Owl (Native American)
Go to Top of Page

dsc

7689 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  5:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit dsc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.]
Go to Top of Page

Scandia

USA
1655 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  5:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scandia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Jesus is said to be a two.

There is a reason why the Enneagram is not biased towards any number. As compared to the Myers-Briggs clear bias towards ENFJ.

Anyhow...

Moshe- ISTJ 1w2
Yeshua- ENFJ Enneagram not biased
Ruth- ESFJ 2w1
Yakov (old testament)- 3w4?

ENTJ 3w4 SP/SO/SX SLOEI Inventive
Go to Top of Page

ladybug

988 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  10:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit ladybug's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why are you trying to figure them as Types rather than instincts. Sometimes I wonder about the fruitfulness of discovery on here. For example, wouldn't it be more valuable to start with someone's stack rather than Type since instinct is so much easier to sense than type? I only say this because most people who act authoritive on the board seem to know the instinct of a person easily, announcing it like it's written in stone, and are quick to make this judgment, as they are also quick to reference the person's MB type. If you do instinct and stack so readily, then why not start from there and go to Etype after, instead of other way around.

Just thought I'd bring this up because my favorite prayer is the Lord's Prayer.

ladybug
Go to Top of Page

Stormy

16347 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  06:18:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ladybug

Why are you trying to figure them as Types rather than instincts.

Type is more significant than Instinct.

Go to Top of Page

Ezra

United Kingdom
2794 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  07:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ezra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
L3T'5 G3T 50M3 31GHT5 1N TH15 J01NT!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

L0lzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!1111111111////////////////.......

Ezra had to be a healthy Eight.

Edited by - Ezra on 12 Apr 2008 07:32:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Val

USA
4990 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  11:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Val's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Every time I read Paul, I think he must be an obvious 1. John was maybe a 9. Luke, probably a 5.

Samson, playful but egotistical, may have been an 8. I think of Elijah and Gideon as 6s. One day Elijah is calling down fire from Heaven. The next day he's running for his life from Jezebel.

Jez, incidentally, could have been a female 8 or a 2. It's obvious that Ahab was pretty spineless, or at least no match for her.

I've also read that David was an 8, though that's something I'm not entirely sure of.

6w5 so/sp infp
Kinsmen/Empath/Evocateur
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23
Go to Top of Page

Scandia

USA
1655 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  6:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scandia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shaul/Pavlos- ENFP 2w1
Lukas- INFJ 5w4?
Ioannis- INTP 9w1

Samson- may have been a 3, look how proud he was of his hair and his musculature.
Don't remember Elijah and Gideon well enough.

Jezebel- unhealthy 2w3 seductress who disintegrated into 8w9.

David- does not strike me as an 8, too easygoing to be one. Perhaps another 3?

Go to Top of Page

Teneo

USA
686 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  9:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Teneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think John was a Two. Jonah was a Nine, Thomas I think was a Five, and Three sounds right for Jacob. Paul was definitely a One and Peter was definitely a CP Six.

-------------
9w1, So/sx/sp.
Mildly strong 3 connection
"Face the facts of being what you are, for this is what changes what you are."--Søren Kierkegaard
Go to Top of Page

4wants8

3284 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  9:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4wants8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Boaz - 8 at 2? Healthy
Mary, Lazarus' sister - 9
Martha, Lazarus' sister - cp6
John the Baptist - cp6
David - I actually think that he might have been a feeler, ENFJ
Esther - 1? 3?
Absolam and Amnon - unhealthy 8
Mary Magdalene - 2, 6
Joseph, father of Jesus - 1w9
James and John - cp6?
Abigail - 1
Hagar - unhealthy 2
Herodias - unhealthy 3
Jezebel - unhealthy 3
Aaron - p6
Miriam - cp6
Paul of Tarsus - Granddaddy of all cp6's?
Jeremiah - 1, 2, or 4 - Almost definitely INFJ
Solomon - 8?

Odd that I can't choose labels for Moses or Job. Maybe more to follow.

Edited by - 4wants8 on 12 Apr 2008 10:00:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

ladybug

988 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  11:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit ladybug's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Moses didn't want his job that God gave to him. He didn't feel he had what it took. I remember the part where this snake became a cane or rod or something strong like that when he picked it up? Moses must have had within him something that God wanted to use to tell the people what they were doing wrong and what they needed to do instead. Let me know if I'm off track. He sounds like a person who didn't believe in himself though when you consider it was God's command, who wouldn't be afraid? I consider him to be a Nine.

Jacob's the guy the modern play was written about? He had the beautiful coat? He was the one all the brothers abandoned in a pit? I think of him as a Seven.

Maybe Thomas was a Six and that's why he doubted Jesus' ressurection. I'm glad Thomas was there.

ladybug

Edited by - ladybug on 12 Apr 2008 11:26:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kawaii

1233 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  11:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kawaii's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joseph was the one with the coat. At Part I Training, Russ said that Ichazo took the Enneagram types from the nine spheres of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, from which human souls are said to emanate (the 10th is reserved for the Messiah--for those Christians wondering what type Jesus was). The Kabbalists actually talked about which sphere some of these people came from. According to Russ, Joseph comes from Hod (Splendor) which is the equivalent of Type 7, and Abraham comes from Hesed/Gedulah (Mercy/Glory), which is the equivalent of Type 3.

4w3 sp/so INFP
"Desire is required to light intention's fire."
Go to Top of Page

Scandia

USA
1655 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  12:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scandia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

John the Baptist - cp6- 2w1 I think

Joseph, father of Jesus - 1w9- definitely, as well as INFJ

Paul of Tarsus - Granddaddy of all cp6's?- I put 2w1, but 6 is possible.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page