New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Orpheus

Romania
4045 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  01:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Orpheus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see a lot of threads and questions about Tritype or Trifix. To those wondering, it has done me a LOT of good to figure mine out. At the same time, I want to make it clear that in both explaining tri-type to others in my life, seeing how people have received it on the board, and what The Fauvres (whose idea this is, as seperate from Ichazo's Trifix) said is that to find one's tritype and for it to even be relevant one MUST be very sure of not just their Primary Type, but also of their Instinctual Stacking (The Fauvres, whether it actually is or not, believe the Instinct is even more vital then Type, because it is an instinctual survival strategy) and must be very aware of how both play out.

I, for example, have been lucky to have immediately known my type and stacking and have had many great friends in real life to discuss it with, give me feedback on, and watch it play out in day to day interactions for three years on an almost daily basis. I think it was only in the last year that I became very ready to understand and experience my tri-type after I'd reached a certain point where my instinctual stacking just didn't go far enough in explaining what was going on with me.

To those of you trying to figure out your tri-type, I, and the Faurves themselves, recommend not even going near your tri-type until you have a deep, full, and very real understanding of your type and instinctual stacking and how they interact. If you don't, it won't do you any good because you won't be able to distinguish what actually is your stacking, what actually is your type, what actually is your tri-type. Some might be luckier then others.

The temptation is to jump right into it, to figure out your type right away, and I completely understand that. However, my advice is to put that on hold for a little bit (or even months or years) and just stay with the awareness you have of your type and instinct as you monitor yourself and explore yourself. Be positive (or as close to it as possible) of your type and stacking first. Tri-type isn't going away, but if you don't understand it, it's not going to do you any good.

EDIT: One important thing to keep in mind is that unlike most North American enneagram schools (who tend to immediately share new information), a man from the Arica Institute at the conference I was just at said that Arica is very secretive and only lets very little information about their own enneagram explorations be revealed out of a fear of the very thing I'm warning against. People want to jump in too quickly, without enough time to focus on each specific part, and only end up watering it down, misunderstanding it, and eventually playing ego-games, the very things the enneagram tries to stop, with it.

The 4omantic, 5 wing.

Edited by - Orpheus on 07 Aug 2008 01:10:41 AM

DigitalCrash

4435 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  01:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit DigitalCrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes.

Another important thing is that, before you focus on your trifix, you want to make sure you have a good understanding of what each type is.

Otherwise, what you may think are 8 issues are actually, for example, 6 issues.

More often than not, people might say "well, I am this way, so I must have an 8 in my trifix". That's not the way it works. You must understand why you do it, and must understand what makes an 8 an 8 and a 6 a 6.

Thus, you want to make sure that you have a pretty good understanding of what each type is like, and hold no stereotypes among each type. ("Oh I'm soft, so I must have a 9 or 2 in my trifix" - that's a no no).

Always keep in mind: It's not what you do, but why you do it.

2w3 So/Sx/Sp, ENFJ 2-5-9
"And although we have no obligation - to stay alive - on broken backs we beg for mercy - we will survive!" - Behind Closed Doors, Rise Against
Zodiac:
Sagitarrius (Greek)
Horse (Chinese)
Owl (Native American)
Go to Top of Page

detach

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  01:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit detach's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thankkk you.

the whole circus around the tritype issue was bugging me, but i didn't want everyone to think i was being negative, so i kept my mouth shut.

anyway, well put, and very important points.

listen to this man people!

ISFJ 6w7 sp/sx
Go to Top of Page

The Wayfarer

USA
4432 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  02:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit The Wayfarer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a short excerpt from Katherine Fauvre about tri-type that can be found on her website:

Understanding the Tritype in practice
Just as with your primary Enneagram Type you will experience the other Types in your Tritype in both positive and negative ways. You will experience both the high and low sides of the expression of the three Types in your Tritype.

On the positive side, if someone with a Tritype of 8-7-4, finds that taking charge like an 8 isn't working, they may try to lighten up or be positive like a 7, and if that doesn't work, they may search for meaning like a 4. Here the person is using the high side or more positive solution of each Enneagram Type. On the negative side, if an 8-7-4 feels disempowered and unable to direct their circumstances like an 8, they may feel over-extended and become scattered like a 7 and then may feel painfully lacking like a 4.

Another example would be a 4-6-8. Here we have a more aggressive and reactive Type 4 than a 4-9-5, who would be more withdrawn and avoidant. Another example would be a 9-7-2. This would be the Type 9 with a very rosy and positive outlook desiring easygoing relationships. A 9-5-3 would be the kind of 9 who is more intellectual, perfectionist and focused on efficiency with less of an emphasis on maintaining harmonious relationships.

-http://www.enneagram.net
Go to Top of Page

Hierophant

USA
6166 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  03:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hierophant's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Instinctual Variants are without a doubt the second most important factor after your basic type. Period.

ENFj (EIE, Ethical Subtype) 3w4 sx/sp

Sun: Aries, Moon: Aquarius, Ascendant: Libra, MidHeaven: Cancer, House Ruler: Venus (in Pisces)

Dog (water)

Mercurial/Inventive/Sensitive/Vigilant

Go to Top of Page

Honey Bee

17263 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  06:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Honey Bee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when i say to you..

"your image sucks!"

describe yout tri-type fixation?

ROTFLMAO

Go to Top of Page

Fourthought

894 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  09:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fourthought's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have believed for some time now that one's variant is more vital than their Type.

Lovex, I understand your point about rushing with information. I haven't read through all the threads on tritypes, but assume that the majority of people here are quite well versed in enneagram theory and understand the variables of their own type. It makes sense that they'd be eager to take the theory deeper.

As for the secrecy of Arica...I'm extremely wary of schools, teachers, etc. who withhold information under the assumptiont that the pupil isn't mature or intelligent enough to use it wisely. While their intention may be pure, there's an attitude of condescention and control that can go along with that approach. People learn at different rates, and in very different ways, and in my experience (as a teacher and learner) sharing what you know with others and assuming they have the aptitude to use it as they see fit, for themselves -- that they're the experts on their own life and learning process -- is most effective and most respectful. Again, I don't know anytying about Arica but I do know that "information control" has been used throughout history to maintain power over others. Look at the Buddha: he discussed the so-called secrets of the universe and shared them with anyone who would listen, from beggars to brahmins.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer

349 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  12:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit oldtimer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I keep seeing a mention that the Fauvre's Tritype is different form Ichazo's Trifix, but how? The only real difference I've noticed is that the Trifix has a clockwise ordering whereas the Tritype does not.
Go to Top of Page

Orpheus

Romania
4045 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  12:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Orpheus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fourthought

I have believed for some time now that one's variant is more vital than their Type.

Lovex, I understand your point about rushing with information. I haven't read through all the threads on tritypes, but assume that the majority of people here are quite well versed in enneagram theory and understand the variables of their own type. It makes sense that they'd be eager to take the theory deeper.

As for the secrecy of Arica...I'm extremely wary of schools, teachers, etc. who withhold information under the assumptiont that the pupil isn't mature or intelligent enough to use it wisely. While their intention may be pure, there's an attitude of condescension and control that can go along with that approach. People learn at different rates, and in very different ways, and in my experience (as a teacher and learner) sharing what you know with others and assuming they have the aptitude to use it as they see fit, for themselves -- that they're the experts on their own life and learning process -- is most effective and most respectful. Again, I don't know anytying about Arica but I do know that "information control" has been used throughout history to maintain power over others. Look at the Buddha: he discussed the so-called secrets of the universe and shared them with anyone who would listen, from beggars to brahmins.

I think there is a big difference between "information control" to keep power over others (especially in this context. By not telling people about tritype, do you think I meant to control them? Do you think Arica does?), and making sure people know the system thoroughly enough to use it accurately and maturely. Sure, some have paced the release of information as a means of control, but in the digital age, people are over-saturated by information and end up only learning a lot of different things very superficially and on the surface, and thus, don't really understand the whole thing and it ends up doing more harm then good. I'm clearly not saying it's the only way to go as I shared the information myself, but I see a lot of people already misusing it - getting overly excited about figuring it out before they're even comfortable in their own understanding of type and instinct. They're not going to find it very helpful unless there is a lot of understanding of themselves and how their type works previously. People tend to over-estimate their level of understanding, and end up finding out years later that they're a different type then they thought.

So, I could look at Buddha, and depending on my perspective I could see how many people use Buddhism as a watered down fashion trend.

Oldtimer- From my understanding, Ichazo didn't think you had a main type, that your type was your trifix. The Fauvres changed the name because they changed the theory and didn't think it was appropriate to call it the same thing as Ichazo.

The 4omantic, 5 wing.

Edited by - Orpheus on 07 Aug 2008 12:38:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer

349 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  1:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit oldtimer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The personality types came from Ichazo's fixations. I don't really see any difference if I say my primary type is X or my primary fixation is X. They seem to be referring to the same thing in this case.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalCrash

4435 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  1:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit DigitalCrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

The personality types came from Ichazo's fixations. I don't really see any difference if I say my primary type is X or my primary fixation is X. They seem to be referring to the same thing in this case.

Well, maybe not.

Though since the tritypes talks about one theory, and the trifix talks about another theory...

there's a difference between tritypes and trifix.

It's kind of like Socionics and MBTI.

2w3 So/Sx/Sp, ENFJ 2-5-9
"And although we have no obligation - to stay alive - on broken backs we beg for mercy - we will survive!" - Behind Closed Doors, Rise Against
Zodiac:
Sagitarrius (Greek)
Horse (Chinese)
Owl (Native American)
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer

349 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  2:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit oldtimer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalCrash

quote:

Well, maybe not.

Though since the tritypes talks about one theory, and the trifix talks about another theory...

there's a difference between tritypes and trifix.

It's kind of like Socionics and MBTI.

2w3 So/Sx/Sp, ENFJ 2-5-9
Zodiac:
Sagitarrius (Greek)
Horse (Chinese)
Owl (Native American)

But they don't seem to be two different theories except for the negation of the clockwise ordering in the Tritypes. It's like Karen Horney's triads (aggressive, compliant, withdrawn) - some believe type 1 is in the compliant triad and type 7 in the aggressive triad while some believe type 1 is in the aggressive triad and type 7 in the compliant triad. It's a difference of opinion about the same concept.

I saw the same thing with Naranjo's Instinctual Subtypes being claimed by other's as something new by calling them Instinctual Variants.

It just seems that there's layer upon layer of renaming concepts that aren't actually new but simply a slight revision. Leads to a lot of unnecessary confusion to an already ambiguous system.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalCrash

4435 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  2:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit DigitalCrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

But they don't seem to be two different theories except for the negation of the clockwise ordering in the Tritypes. It's like Karen Horney's triads (aggressive, compliant, withdrawn) - some believe type 1 is in the compliant triad and type 7 in the aggressive triad while some believe type 1 is in the aggressive triad and type 7 in the compliant triad. It's a difference of opinion about the same concept.

I saw the same thing with Naranjo's Instinctual Subtypes being claimed by other's as something new by calling them Instinctual Variants.

It just seems that there's layer upon layer of renaming concepts that aren't actually new but simply a slight revision. Leads to a lot of unnecessary confusion to an already ambiguous system.

Yeah, I definitely get what your saying. And that is quite a problem. Especially since I was initially confused with the whole subtypes and variants thingy.

Regardless, when bringing up concepts and ideas from other people, I guess it's easier to say Tritypes than Fauvre's Trifix.

I think the different between Fauvre's Trifix or Tritypes, however you want to call it, and Ichazo's Trifix, is that in Fauvre's tritypes there are three different types and one activates after the other. In Ichazo's Trifix, it's believed that you don't really have a main type, but rather that your trifix is your main type (which is personally what I believe in more).

It's not much of a difference, I agree. Though, it's like taking someone's idea and changing it. You fall under the impression that it's different than before (even though the change wasn't big) and feel it necessary to call it something else as to prevent people from getting confused.

Additionally, you don't end up altering somebody else's theory or work without their permission.

Still, I guess it is a bit confusing...

Hmm... who thinks that 1 should belong in the aggressive triad? x_x I can see one being aggressive... but that's not really why 1 isn't in the aggressive triad. It's because 1 is compliant to the superego that 1 belongs in the compliant triad.

What is the difference between subtypes and variants then anyways?

2w3 So/Sx/Sp, ENFJ 2-5-9
Zodiac:
Sagitarrius (Greek)
Horse (Chinese)
Owl (Native American)
Go to Top of Page

lovemyth

USA
3475 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  8:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit lovemyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all ideas are ment to be distorted, misused etc. in accordance to the judgement of the orginator.

everything once set into existance cannot maintain the purity of intention. it's only purity exists in the very unoticeable second of creation and other wise only guilded in the mind of one- the creator- who is himself changing growing and disintigrating.

attempting to imo is attempting to circumvent nature and natural order- a completly futile and arrogant mastabatory effort- which also assumes or suggests a few things.
1. that said human being is not a piece or part of nature, that they are sepreate and immune from the distorting nature of what is time, interpration and the effect of the individual existance against all things.
2. that said person assumes authority to judge value, purpose, meaning and validity. not only designating what falls into which side of the value equation but determining for others what is valid (as in goals) for themselves.
3. that they should and/or actually can control what is the immense variables set into play at any momomet of existance- broadly termed the world or reality.

that being said. worry about yourself instead of worrying about someone using it as a fashion accessory or as another game for thier ego.

you don't have control, no one has control and everything falls apart.

and of course i don't mean this personally towards you as i'm aware you are what seems merely concerned with confusion arising and so forth.
however surrounding information, intention, and control- i do have some very strong opinions and reactions.

-unrelentingly ridiculous-

current lololo8 status:
random.
Go to Top of Page

Fourthought

894 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  11:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fourthought's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovexsaidxno

quote:

As for the secrecy of Arica...I'm extremely wary of schools, teachers, etc. who withhold information under the assumptiont that the pupil isn't mature or intelligent enough to use it wisely. While their intention may be pure, there's an attitude of condescension and control that can go along with that approach. People learn at different rates, and in very different ways, and in my experience (as a teacher and learner) sharing what you know with others and assuming they have the aptitude to use it as they see fit, for themselves -- that they're the experts on their own life and learning process -- is most effective and most respectful. Again, I don't know anytying about Arica but I do know that "information control" has been used throughout history to maintain power over others. Look at the Buddha: he discussed the so-called secrets of the universe and shared them with anyone who would listen, from beggars to brahmins.

I think there is a big difference between "information control" to keep power over others (especially in this context. By not telling people about tritype, do you think I meant to control them? Do you think Arica does?), and making sure people know the system thoroughly enough to use it accurately and maturely. Sure, some have paced the release of information as a means of control, but in the digital age, people are over-saturated by information and end up only learning a lot of different things very superficially and on the surface, and thus, don't really understand the whole thing and it ends up doing more harm then good. I'm clearly not saying it's the only way to go as I shared the information myself, but I see a lot of people already misusing it - getting overly excited about figuring it out before they're even comfortable in their own understanding of type and instinct. They're not going to find it very helpful unless there is a lot of understanding of themselves and how their type works previously. People tend to over-estimate their level of understanding, and end up finding out years later that they're a different type then they thought.

So, I could look at Buddha, and depending on my perspective I could see how many people use Buddhism as a watered down fashion trend.

Oldtimer- From my understanding, Ichazo didn't think you had a main type, that your type was your trifix. The Fauvres changed the name because they changed the theory and didn't think it was appropriate to call it the same thing as Ichazo.

The 4omantic, 5 wing.

I understand what you're saying, lovex. I just personally don't feel comfortable with secrecy and was referring more to Arica than you. But I do see your point.
Go to Top of Page

amber_headlights

USA
914 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  1:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit amber_headlights's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
As for the secrecy of Arica...I'm extremely wary of schools, teachers, etc. who withhold information under the assumptiont that the pupil isn't mature or intelligent enough to use it wisely. While their intention may be pure, there's an attitude of condescention and control that can go along with that approach. People learn at different rates, and in very different ways, and in my experience (as a teacher and learner) sharing what you know with others and assuming they have the aptitude to use it as they see fit, for themselves -- that they're the experts on their own life and learning process -- is most effective and most respectful. Again, I don't know anytying about Arica but I do know that "information control" has been used throughout history to maintain power over others. Look at the Buddha: he discussed the so-called secrets of the universe and shared them with anyone who would listen, from beggars to brahmins.

It's the old "secret society" trick. Make people believe that you have some esoteric secrets, so they'll jump through the hoops (and pay the dues ) to get to the secret, only to learn that they'd figured it out on their own long before they reached the upper levels

---
"The whole history of modern poetry is a running commentary on the following brief philosophical text: all art should become science and all science art; poetry and philosophy should be made one."
-Friedrich Schlegel
Go to Top of Page

amber_headlights

USA
914 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  1:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit amber_headlights's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, the Arica people contacted them and alerted them that what they were doing deviated slightly from Ichazo's theory. It doesn't state it explicitly, but I'm guessing they were encouraged to change the name?

http://www.enneagram.net/tritype.html

---
"The whole history of modern poetry is a running commentary on the following brief philosophical text: all art should become science and all science art; poetry and philosophy should be made one."
-Friedrich Schlegel

Edited by - amber_headlights on 08 Aug 2008 1:47:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fourthought

894 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  6:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fourthought's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amber_headlights

quote:

It's the old "secret society" trick. Make people believe that you have some esoteric secrets, so they'll jump through the hoops (and pay the dues ) to get to the secret, only to learn that they'd figured it out on their own long before they reached the upper levels

---
-Friedrich Schlegel

I hear ya!
Go to Top of Page

The_Weatherman

257 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  6:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_Weatherman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I want to know my tritype: How can I tell a strong wing from another point in the trifix? I sometimes feel like being a 4 but since this doesnt feel like a strategy and just comes naturally, Id say this is a wing influence and not a tritype thing. Also: Is it possible to be, lets say, a 3w4 and to be a 3w2 as the second type in the trifix? And another thing: Can the variant of your second or third fixation be different from your main variant? (It wouldnt make sense imho since I believe in a SEPARATE instictual fixation.)

Intuitively Id say Im a 5w4-3w4-8w7 sx/soc. Would this make sense in the tritype theory?

5w4 sx/so/sp
Go to Top of Page

Orpheus

Romania
4045 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2008 :  10:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Orpheus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Weatherman

If I want to know my tritype: How can I tell a strong wing from another point in the trifix? I sometimes feel like being a 4 but since this doesnt feel like a strategy and just comes naturally, Id say this is a wing influence and not a tritype thing. Also: Is it possible to be, lets say, a 3w4 and to be a 3w2 as the second type in the trifix? And another thing: Can the variant of your second or third fixation be different from your main variant? (It wouldnt make sense imho since I believe in a SEPARATE instictual fixation.)

Intuitively Id say Im a 5w4-3w4-8w7 sx/soc. Would this make sense in the tritype theory?

5w4 sx/so/sp

Each type in one's tri-type is from one of the three main centers of thinking, feeling and instinct. So a 3/2 couldn't have another 3 or 2 or 4 in his tri-type. No mention was given about wings for your tritype in the workshop I took, and while some people see it as helpful, I see it as both unnecessary and that maybe the types in our tritype, besides our primary type, don't have wings.

Your instinctual variant operates the same throughout every type in your tri-type, so if it is 5-3-8, then it would be sx/so 5- sx/so 3 - sx/so 8.

A good way to tell is to see how you act in stress or when your primary type strategy fails. So, for example, as a 4-5-8, become withholding and when that doesn't work my 5 kicks in where I become analytical and argumentative, and then my 8 kicks in and I become reactive, controlling, and pushy.

The 4omantic, 5 wing.

i'm so empty here without you.
Go to Top of Page

The_Weatherman

257 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2008 :  06:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit The_Weatherman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that info... So each of us is supposed to have a fixation in the three triads but one fixation is the dominant one.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The_Weatherman

5w4 sx/so/sp

Each type in one's tri-type is from one of the three main centers of thinking, feeling and instinct. So a 3/2 couldn't have another 3 or 2 or 4 in his tri-type. No mention was given about wings for your tritype in the workshop I took, and while some people see it as helpful, I see it as both unnecessary and that maybe the types in our tritype, besides our primary type, don't have wings.

Your instinctual variant operates the same throughout every type in your tri-type, so if it is 5-3-8, then it would be sx/so 5- sx/so 3 - sx/so 8.

A good way to tell is to see how you act in stress or when your primary type strategy fails. So, for example, as a 4-5-8, become withholding and when that doesn't work my 5 kicks in where I become analytical and argumentative, and then my 8 kicks in and I become reactive, controlling, and pushy.

The 4omantic, 5 wing.

i'm so empty here without you.

5w4 sx/so/sp
Go to Top of Page

Unblessed

Ireland
136 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2008 :  3:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Unblessed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A good way to know what your tri-type is to recollect maybe an intense fight or confict you had at some point in your life. Chances are you slid through all of your triad's fixations.
Go to Top of Page

Desdemona

USA
16704 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2008 :  6:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Desdemona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Unblessed

A good way to know what your tri-type is to recollect maybe an intense fight or confict you had at some point in your life. Chances are you slid through all of your triad's fixations.

I tend to get pretty aggressive in fights, though. Unless it's a situation with a romantic partner, I basically never resort to any 9 tactics at all. But how would a 4 fight, as opposed to a 7? What tactics would each of these use? I think I use cp 6 tactics quite a bit.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
7w6cp
Sx/sp
ENFP
Dramatic/Mercurial/Idiosyncratic Style
Go to Top of Page

DRAGON8

293 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  11:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit DRAGON8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love this Tritype concept. Of course we would use all three centers! And, we would have a dominant type in each center. Just like the stacking of the instincts, it is very powerful. I know that when 8 doesn't work I still have to survive and do what I have to do!

I also know what you mean about understanding the types. Anyone that is angry is thought to be an 8. Not! 8s try to keep control by not showing their anger. The intention is to not show your cards and getting angry means you have lost control. Revenge is best served cold and with a lot of indifference. Any type can have an anger management problem. It is the 8 that does so with blockhead intimidation.
Go to Top of Page

bon_jovi_rocks

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2008 :  11:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit bon_jovi_rocks's Homepage  Reply with Quote
8w7 ENTJ sp/so

ENTJ 8w7 capricorn
Go to Top of Page

bon_jovi_rocks

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2008 :  12:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit bon_jovi_rocks's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol maybe I have a five in my trifix since i like dark literature and
intense musicals, i was singing something from Miss Saigon, everyone was like 'that's almost as dark as that stuff you read' lol. Yet I'm
not goth, I'm easy going, sociable and my style of dress is more cla
ssy/well kempt or a little bit of flirty prep/priss punk. I have the
typical 8 humor too that is often related to intelligence or lack t
hereof for that matter and the in your face 7 humor, I can't get en-
ough of South Park, Futurama and Slacker Cats and I love things like
Passions that don't make a bit of sense and Pinky and the Brain but
when i want a bit of normalcy i'll switch to E! or Biography, A&E e-
tc.

ENTJ 8w7 capricorn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page