Home | Policy | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Public Enneagram Discussion Board
 Chat Lounge
 personality types in babies and toddlers :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alexa

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2010 :  10:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit alexa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have three nephews one of them is three, one is fourteen months and one is twelves months old. The three year old is most definately already a 7w8, however the 14 months already has a little personality, he is very serious, he looks so cute because he seems to have the same serious expression on his face all the time, even when i try and make him laugh he wants to laugh but is too stubborn to even smile at me. he doesnt like me playing with my other nephew, when i do this he walks over to me and taps me! but he has quite a calm manner about him, he is just very serious,, any idea what type he could be?

alexa Type six Loyalist.

Kate

6236 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2010 :  11:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexa

i have three nephews one of them is three, one is fourteen months and one is twelves months old. The three year old is most definitely already a 7w8, however the 14 months already has a little personality, he is very serious, he looks so cute because he seems to have the same serious expression on his face all the time, even when i try and make him laugh he wants to laugh but is too stubborn to even smile at me. he doesnt like me playing with my other nephew, when i do this he walks over to me and taps me! but he has quite a calm manner about him, he is just very serious,, any idea what type he could be?

alexa Type six Loyalist.

In my opinion, there's too little information to go on to discern any kind of Enneagram type for your nephews. There could be so many factors and influences coming into play for his behaviours, that to make a decision on one E-type would be hasty and almost impossible to get correct.

I do believe, however that E-type is innate and can be determined from a young age. I don't know that I would say as young as 14 months for an accurate "reading", but I know that if I had information on the Enneagram back when my daughters were toddlers, I would have picked their types easily.

Looking back I could say that as early as 3-5 years of age there were enough clear signs of type. There were also some behaviours pointing to certain types before that age, but not enough to determine for certain a type.

My eldest was clearly a 7w6 ENFP from about 2-3 years of age and my younger daughter showed her 3ness quite early. I'd say around 3 years old.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page