Public Enneagram Discussion Board
 Chat Lounge
 Fictional types for 6w5 and 5w6?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grifyn

10 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2010 :  09:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit grifyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm compiling a list of fictional characters who are good examples of 6w5 ("strong 5", I was told, if this matters) and 5w6. I am 6w5 and my husband could be either 5w6 or 5w4, but self-identifies more with 5w6. What are the first fictional or literary examples that come to your mind for these types?

We were both only recently typed, but I find it fascinating!

Edited by - grifyn on 06 Nov 2010 09:36:45 AM

Stormy

16341 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2010 :  6:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grifyn

I'm compiling a list of fictional characters who are good examples of 6w5 ("strong 5", I was told, if this matters) and 5w6. I am 6w5 and my husband could be either 5w6 or 5w4, but self-identifies more with 5w6. What are the first fictional or literary examples that come to your mind for these types?

6w5 - Sam Vimes from Terry Pratchett's "Discworld"
5w6 - Gregory House from "House"

[Stormy]
Go to Top of Page

grifyn

10 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  03:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit grifyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Stormy!

I see in another thread that Burn Notice's Michael Weston is a 6w5. That's flattering! ;-)

Some other television characters we came up with for 6w5 (and feel free to chime in if I might be calling something wrong):
- Veronica Mars (also, Keith Mars)
- Jed Bartlet (The West Wing)
- Timothy McGee (NCIS)
- Chloe O'Brien (24) - I get this one at work about once a week
- Ron Weasley
- Goren (Law & Order: Criminal Intent)
- Rodney McKay (Stargate: Atlantis)
- Simon Illyan (Bujold's Vorkosigan Universe), and Konstantin Bothari from the same universe as an obvious disintegration

For 5w6 (my husband):
- Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)
- Aral Vorkosigan AND Cordelia (Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan universe)
- Giles from Buffy
- Spiderman
- John Sheppard (Stargate: Atlantis)
- Jack O'Neill (skews since he pretends to be stupid)
- Ripley from the Alien movies
(and now Gregory House, just as you mentioned!)

These are all shows we enjoy, so now I wonder if this is why we enjoy them...

5w6, INTJ
Go to Top of Page

Oneness

Australia
418 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  06:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Oneness's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Chloe O’Brien & Rodney McKay as 6w5. I think Giles is actually 1w9. Since you mentioned Stargate, I thought Daniel Jackson is 5w6. I’m more inclined to swap around Jack O’Neil with Tim McGee. I don’t see Leroy Gibbs as being a knowledge seeker or curious, he just wants to get things done, so I’m more inclined to type him as 8w9.

istj 1

Edited by - Oneness on 07 Nov 2010 4:14:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stormy

16341 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  06:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Some other television characters we came up with for 6w5 (and feel free to chime in if I might be calling something wrong):

...Ron Weasley

How is Ron Weasley a 6w5?

quote:

For 5w6 (my husband):

...Spiderman

Which version?

P.S. Welcome to the Board!
-

[Stormy]

Edited by - Stormy on 07 Nov 2010 06:55:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Invicta

USA
6275 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2010 :  11:06:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Invicta's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Good pick. I think D'Onofrio himself is a 6w5, and one of the less visible ones, an INFJ 6. I'd comment on some of the others, but I don't have TV at my house, so I only know books and film, mostly. But here: detective/private eye = 6w5, mad scientist = 5w6. Should lead to good veins to mine for specific examples.

Edited by - Invicta on 07 Nov 2010 11:07:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

LeoDaVinci

228 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2010 :  07:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeoDaVinci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

What about MBTI in your opinion?

About Goren, I've read all sort of NT typing. And me too, I am not sure if he is an E/I and J/P. Obviously NT is out of doubt.

About McKay? I've only watched few episodes of atlantis, and he sometimes is an xNTJ and sometimes an INTP... uhm...

Go to Top of Page

Oneness

Australia
418 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2010 :  09:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Oneness's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeoDaVinci

quote:

What about MBTI in your opinion?

About Goren, I've read all sort of NT typing. And me too, I am not sure if he is an E/I and J/P. Obviously NT is out of doubt.

About McKay? I've only watched few episodes of atlantis, and he sometimes is an xNTJ and sometimes an INTP... uhm...

I think Dr Mckay is entj. Whereas, I see the Closer's Brenda Johnson as intp 6w5. Many years ago, I had a co-worker who could be her twin sister, tested as that type. She ended up getting fired from her job for talking back to the various managers too often.

istj 1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page