New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sunny

USA
11256 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  7:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit sunny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quebranta

quote:
Originally posted by Odyssey

New evidence that Jesus was an 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK3TcNGC55I

with a 7 wing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0yz5Jo4Os

I know this was a joke, but I did a search and bumped this thread after something I witnessed last weekend.

My ex is an 8/9. I was at a gathering with him. There were tons of kids there.
Kids, people and animals are drawn to him. He doesn't puposely do anything to attract them, they just like his vibe...they feel safe with him.
So, I noticed several kids sitting by his feet, or draping themselves across his lap looking up at his face.
He has a deep, loud voice and he's a rough looking character...not gentle at all and not much like the paintings we see depicting Christ.
Anyway, being an 8 with a strong link to 2, he can't help but be protective of the innocence he encounters. I thought to myself how the representation of Christ I grew up with was off, and the real Christ probably was an 8, not a passive 9.

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Glasgow

Germany
7176 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  7:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Glasgow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
definitely type 10

Go to Top of Page

ganglion

Netherlands
2286 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  8:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganglion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by knievelx13

Based on the scriptures what type would you say Jesus is or was?

5w4

It is your type, as you can only read the scriptures with your eyes type.

Ganglion 6w7
Go to Top of Page

dnimon

Australia
6442 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  9:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit dnimon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jesus spoke and understood the language of all types, so this would make it impossible to identify the type he was........... this also enabled him to pick the four core types in his ministry; mathew mark, luke and john; the twelve more specific types they represented and the 72 specific types who were to carry the ideology to the people of the world who spoke these 72 type languages.

this description of types and the structure of type has been carried since history began by every mainstream psycho spiritual ideology since history began..........even the base three/nine structures refer to and describe this layout once it is realised how it fits and what it refers to.

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much....Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

thomg

1672 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  9:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think there is enough psychological evidence on Mary Magdalene to type here.

Also, the better historical view (for the non-fundamentalists here) is that she wasn't a prostitute but may have been some kind of businesswoman or woman of above average will and power who was close to Jesus.

I think Jesus had 9-2-5 tritype. I waver between thinking he was a 'blocked' 9 who became unblocked by developing his other 2 fixes, and as is the case with 9's, the second fix can come through strongly .... or that he was an actual 2w1-9-5.

If I had to bet my life on it, I would think he was a 9, because of the overall shape of his life before his mission, and the greater likelihood that a gut 9 type would achieve what he did.

Another point is how 'integrated' his 2-ness in particular was, so much so that he can feel 4-ish.

On the 9 thing, one of my favourite stories is in Mark where Jesus is deflected by the woman into considering the needs of the dog under the table. Such a strange story that it feels real, not written afterwards - that he is in a sense corrected by this anonymous woman into considering the needs of the dog under the table. This could be interpreted as 9 or 3, but I feel 9. His 9-ness is very 5-ish too, as per his tritype.
Go to Top of Page

thomg

1672 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2011 :  9:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I get why people think 1 too.

I think this is because he has 1 wings in both his first two tritype positions, whether they are 9w1-2w1 or 2w1-9w1.

On the 5 head fix last:

- he was a gifted wordsmith who thought in paradox, in metaphor and in beautiful parables (especially the beatitudes). This to me points to 5w4.

Thus my hypothesis for overall type:

9w1 - 2w1 - 5w4

Don't believe I've ever met one of these in person.
Go to Top of Page

rockthrower

Australia
3064 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  01:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit rockthrower's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am the second coming of Jesus and this time around my type is 9w1 operating at level 5, once biten twice shy.

Let me mirror unto you my Cristost and you may merror it unto another beloved.

Go to Top of Page

skunk

5756 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  06:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Art_Skidmore

i read in some other ancient writtings...jesus is shaven, blond, blue eyed and very tall.

lol

yeah, carbon dated to between 1933 and 1939.
Go to Top of Page

dnimon

Australia
6442 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  08:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit dnimon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
acts of john is the only account i know of which gives a physical description of christ....quite an interesting read........and nothing like your snip needless to say

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much....Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

Greenwood Girl

105 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  09:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Greenwood Girl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stray thoughts on the subject:

I'd agree that 2w1 is a good typing for the usual interpretation of Christ's character, although, in recent Bible studies I've been roped into, there seems to be an increasing emphasis on the ambivalence of the overall picture--kind of like the reinterpretation of David as a young hero to David as the lecherous king whom nobody (teaching the course) can imagine a good God would have chosen as the ancestor of the messiah. (And how does Jesus get to be a descendant of David if it was Joseph who was of the house of David and Joseph was only his sociological father? Oh, never mind. Somebody gave my mother a large, framed genealogy-of-Christ chart which I suppose I could get out from behind the door to see if Mary had an blood connections to David.)

Personally, re Jase's comment that we respond to different aspects of Jesus's character, I always saw him, when I was growing up, as a young hero of another type: 12-year-old among the doctors in the temple, a proper hero for Type 5's.

I'm thinking that Mary Magdalene as prostitute was a medieval idea based on an identification (valid or not) of her with the woman taken in adultery. She was often depicted as red-haired, which, in medieval times, was often seen as an indication of bad character; yet others have taken "ruddiness" to mean that David and Jesus were red-haired as well.

I keep lumping David and Jesus together because they both kind of fit the early-blooming solar hero type which was once popular in folklore studies.

5w4,SX/? (maybe SO)
INTP
Go to Top of Page

Rich

USA
4392 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  1:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Greenwood Girl

I'm thinking that Mary Magdalene as prostitute was a medieval idea based on an identification (valid or not) of her with the woman taken in adultery. She was often depicted as red-haired, which, in medieval times, was often seen as an indication of bad character; yet others have taken "ruddiness" to mean that David and Jesus were red-haired as well. ( end quote )

*** Actually the libel that Mary Magdalene was a hooker, only started in the 7th century AD by the Church to lessen her importance. After all, she was the first person Christ appeared to, after He rose form the dead.... Modern thinking is, that she was mixed up in politics. What with her country occupied by the Romans, who ruled by terror, she likely was involved in some pretty shady deals! ( Hopefully she was able to give the Romans what for, once in awhile! )
/

ISTJ & SP-3W4, DISC:High-DSC
Serious-Sensitive-Inventive-Leisurely Styles
HER:SP-2W1 & ISFJ; Self Sacrificing-Dramatic-Conscientious-Aggressive styles
My philosophy of life: Love will get you through.
I learned to dissemble at an early age.
Go to Top of Page

quartz

1534 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  1:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit quartz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

For roughly 33 years, his type was Bible Times New Roman.

After the ascension: Arial.

Also, for those interested in such deep spiritual matters...

Gabriel's type is Courier.

And Lucifer's type is Sans Seraph.

sx/sp 2w1 - ENFP
Go to Top of Page

transformer

1345 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2011 :  2:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit transformer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SX/SO 2w1
Go to Top of Page

enforest

2064 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  6:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit enforest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manda7panda

quote:

For roughly 33 years, his type was Bible Times New Roman.

After the ascension: Arial.

Also, for those interested in such deep spiritual matters...

Gabriel's type is Courier.

And Lucifer's type is Sans Seraph.

sx/sp 2w1 - ENFP

LOL
Go to Top of Page

dusty

3700 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  6:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit dusty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by transformer

SX/SO 2w1

I think you're spot on. Especially when he's in his most famous pose.

Edited by - dusty on 12 May 2011 6:59:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page