New Comprehensive Enneagram Quiz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chipy100

22 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  7:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit chipy100's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Have any of you taken the new Enneagram Quiz? It gives your tritype as well! http://enneagramquiz.com/

Roshan

USA
4788 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  8:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enneathing

You are a Type 5 with a 4 wing: "The Iconoclast"

Your tritype is 5w4, 4w5, 9w1.

It's a good test but some of the answers are a little obvious in terms of what type they would be. I guess that's a bit of a trap in these tests.

I did not find "the trap" to be a problem here as I have on other tests. But I got the usual Four first, One second. However, Six and Seven always come out higher than Five, so this test failed pretty badly in the head fixation department.

The Bohemian

4w5, 5w4, 1w9

I guess I am a brooding genius content in my relative obscurity, creating great works of scathing passionate discipline, which perhaps will be appreciated after my death beyond my circle of fellow poets and intellectuals who attend our weekly reading at our underground cafe. In defense of the test I will grant that Six always comes out about halfway down the types for me. As I have said before, this is the only test where I ever came out a Six:

http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/11/pstypes-enneagram-test.html

and everything else came out like a little descending step ladder exactly the way I would've expected it to in a perfect world.

6w7w5,4w3,1w9 sx/so, enfp

Edited by - Roshan on 27 Mar 2011 04:18:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Roshan

USA
4788 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  8:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah that's quite a good test. To be fair 'the trap' wasn't really anymore a problem on this test than on othe tests.

Well, according to this test you and I type pretty closely. Like probably three-quarters of the people on this board. According to this test I am almost a triple withdrawn. Now I feel like I belong.

Go to Top of Page

Crooner

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  9:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crooner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

You are a Type 5 with a 6 wing: "The Scientist"

Your tritype is 5w6, 8w9, 3w4.

Go to Top of Page

dsc

7689 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  01:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit dsc's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

MH

12309 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  01:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit MH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Your tritype is 5w4, 4w5, 9w8.

Go figure..a world of 5w4 4w5 and nines

6w5 sp sexy

Edited by - MH on 27 Mar 2011 01:56:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

enneathing

4667 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  03:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit enneathing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roshan

quote:

Yeah that's quite a good test. To be fair 'the trap' wasn't really anymore a problem on this test than on othe tests.

Well, according to this test you and I type pretty closely. Like probably three-quarters of the people on this board. According to this test I am almost a triple withdrawn. Now I feel like I belong.

From memory pik's test actually did have me as a 4w5 when I filled out the whole thing, so yeah that's why I said it was quite good. This one's okay ---- there are a lot of tests where people seem to mainly score as 4s or 5s.

Go to Top of Page

Roshan

USA
4788 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  04:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsc

Oh, now we are never going to hear the end of it.

Go to Top of Page

aestrivex

499 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  04:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit aestrivex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chipy100

Hey all,

Have any of you taken the new Enneagram Quiz? It gives your tritype as well! http://enneagramquiz.com/

the tritype questions especially seemed particularly bad. it would be incredibly easy for me to describe myself as "authentic" -- as in honesty about what i feel towards other people at any moment as opposed to honesty about how i perceive myself at any moment. i'm unsure that 4-like fixations apply to me, but it was incredibly easy to answer that, for instance.

edit: by the way, if anyone's curious, my results were 5w6-4w5-8w7, but i generally didn't like the tritype questions and it would have been easy for me to answer 541 instead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"His terms are noted for the restoration of democracy in spite of the 1997 difficulties, his management of the Tuareg Rebellion in the north, and his decentralization of the government. However, corruption remained a significant problem under Konaré's administration."

-- Wikipedia article on Alpha Oumar Konare, leader of Mali.

Edited by - aestrivex on 27 Mar 2011 2:48:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stormy

16350 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  04:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, chipy.
-

quote:
Originally posted by chipy100

Hey all,

Your tritype is 5w6, 1w2, 2w1.

[Stormy]
Go to Top of Page

dsc

7689 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  05:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit dsc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

the comprehensive test speaks for itself

Go to Top of Page

Roshan

USA
4788 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  05:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsc

quote:

the comprehensive test speaks for itself

So who started this Nine thing? Was it you or them? Tell me, who did this awful thing to you?

6w7w-4w3-1w9 sx/so, enfp
Go to Top of Page

dsc

7689 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  06:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit dsc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

So who started this Nine thing? Was it you or them? Tell me, who did this awful thing to you?

Many from the board

Go to Top of Page

Roshan

USA
4788 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  06:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, on your poll I was one of the minority of three who voted for Five, but I didn't know you so I figured due to the landslide defeat I must be wrong.

6w7w-4w3-1w9 sx/so, enfp
Go to Top of Page

dsc

7689 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  07:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit dsc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who knows for sure?

I am definitely not like most 9s... and definitely not like most 5s. I feel myself somewhere in between. I might get a better idea if I manage to make it to the IEA.

I've been a type 5 for too long though, so I am a type 9 for now. And from what I can see, a lot of things do fit.

And by the way, thanks for voting 5. At least you don't follow the crowd .
Go to Top of Page

LeoDaVinci

228 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  08:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeoDaVinci's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Your tritype is 5w6, 4w5, 1w2.

Aren't this results strange?
If I am a 5, I should be a 5w4 if my second type is 4w5...
Or it means 4 is my strongest heart triad but my 6 is higher?
Go to Top of Page

Roshan

USA
4788 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  3:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeoDaVinci

????? Non capisco.

6w7w-4w3-1w9 sx/so, enfp
Go to Top of Page

EMike583

USA
1466 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  3:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit EMike583's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got 5w6-1w2-2w1. I'm probably 1w9 or 6w5.
Go to Top of Page

awakening

USA
2512 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  8:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit awakening's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It scored me as 5w6, 3w2, 1w2, and I identify as 5w6, 3w4, 1w9.
Go to Top of Page

4wants8

3284 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  8:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4wants8's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Your tritype is 5w4, 4w5, 1w2.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-type contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 4 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Four wing, which means that the cerebral nature of Type Five combines with the creative nature of a Type Four. For this reason, you are likely to challenge established ideas with new and fresh concepts.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 4 with a 5 wing: Type Four individuals are intensely emotionally aware, and often retreat to their rich inner world of concepts and ideas. They are the most artistic type in the Enneagram and driven to create their own, unique identity. Type Fours value authenticity highly and express themselves whenever they can. They are one of the most individualistic types in the Enneagram. Type Fours, when in a state of growth, become principled like Type Ones. When stressed, Type Fours can become clingy like an unhealthy Type Two. You are a Type Four with a Five wing, which means that the individualist nature of a Four combines with the cerebral nature of a Five to make you one of the most creative types in the Enneagram.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 1 with a 2 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the noblest type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Type Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type Four. You are a Type One with a Two wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the helpful nature of a Type Two. This makes you naturally inclined to advocate on behalf of other people, and the welfare of others is probably an important part of your worldview.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, creative, unique, authentic, emotional, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.

Want to learn more about your type? An online test can't do it all, so check out the PersonalityCafe.com Enneagram Forums for more information.
Go to Top of Page

LeoDaVinci

228 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  3:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeoDaVinci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LeoDaVinci

????? Non capisco.

Ciao Roshan, sei italiano? Pure io.
Seppur io possa avere un inglese un po' sgrammaticato, il senso mi sembrava chiaro... Mi stupisco che il mio risultato è 5w6 e non 5w4, visto che nel trifix mi dà 4w5 come secondo tipo. Ma forse, aggiungevo, è così perché il tipo 4 è solo il mio principale della "heart triad" ma è comunque superato dal tipo 6, oltre che dal 5.
Saluti. Leonardo.

If you're not italian, I can traduce
Go to Top of Page

Ezra

United Kingdom
2794 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  4:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ezra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are a Type 8 with a 9 wing: "The Bear"

Your tritype is 8w9, 3w2, 5w6.

A pretty good test. I would've liked to see more questions, but I liked the diverse format.
Go to Top of Page

The Wayfarer

USA
4432 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  6:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Wayfarer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"You are a Type 5 with a 4 wing: "The Iconoclast"

Your tritype is 5w4, 8w7, 4w5."

Close, but it takes a refined test to fetter out what is my wing and what is a tritype influence.

I'm 4w5, 7w6, 8w9....In that order definitely. I bounce between 4 and 7 easily.

Sturgeon48
4-7-8 sp/so

Edited by - The Wayfarer on 28 Mar 2011 6:51:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

thomg

1758 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  12:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your tritype is 5w4, 4w5, 1w9.

too obvious. only good for main type. so obvious that you're effectively selecting which tritype you want to be from the last 2 sections.

i leant towards 9 instead of 8 as that's how I'd been feeling recently, expecting to end up 549, but ended up 541. i'm actually 5w4-4w3-8w9.
Go to Top of Page

thomg

1758 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  12:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey roshan,

that other test you posted was slightly more accurate, with the core number right and the rest of the data interpretable as 5w4-4w3-9w8, with also a strong 6 showing, which fits as I have been around a group of 6 friends for a week.
Go to Top of Page

enforest

2082 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  01:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit enforest's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I got 5w4 4w5 9w1, which is close to my true tritype.

I don't stack them in any order than clockwise after maintype, so my true tritype is: 5w4 9w8 4w5.

I enjoyed it, for however much I can enjoy an enneagram quiz.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page