The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board
The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board
Home | Policy | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Public Enneagram Discussion Board
 Chat Lounge
 Ennea-Dreams

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Riley Posted - 01 Apr 2011 : 5:53:06 PM
How have ennea-themes presented themselves in your dreams?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lake Posted - 09 Aug 2012 : 11:39:06 PM
okay.
Kate Posted - 09 Aug 2012 : 11:36:11 PM

The girls.

Lake Posted - 09 Aug 2012 : 11:28:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Kate

Somewhere someone told me it was a game.

male, or female?
Lake Posted - 09 Aug 2012 : 11:21:44 PM
wow, kate.
Kate Posted - 09 Aug 2012 : 11:15:58 PM

nightmare last night

I was in a house at night and ready to go to bed. There was someone with me. A male. But he was a shadow. It was winter and I was in the kitchen going to close the blinds on sliding glass doors. There was a lot of light reflecting through the doors from the snow. The snow was high, at least 4 feet in the backyard.

I looked out the sliding doors and was astounded and curious to see a woman walking across the snow in the backyard. The woman was _____ White and she was carrying a big stuffed black bear in her arms. The stuffed bear was bigger then her. I watched as she placed the stuffed bear on the snow in the middle of the backyard. I was in awe watching her do this in silence.

Then suddenly the scene changed. There were flashing lights. Red, gold and yellow reflections twirling of emergency lights and suddenly there were police and ambulance attendants flooding the backyard, then digging. I froze watching this scene, wondering why. Why were they there? I was confused. They dug in the snow and then the backyard was a scene of snow tunnels of living graves. There were rows of exact coffin or tomb like cocoons and each one was filled with a young girl about 20 years old. Every one of them beautiful and beautifully made up, but with her arms folded as if in death, but eyes wide open and breathing slowly.

I had a rush up my spine and threw the door open, the cold still night air hitting me, everything surreal. I saw her on top. She was in the top row of the cocoons. Her arms folded across her chest and looking up at the night sky. I ran, my heart pounding and my skull feeling like it was going to crack and explode in my head. I ran to to my daughter as they lifted her out white and pale and barely breathing.

Somewhere someone told me it was a game. I felt a rush in my head. A game? Why? They weren't speaking. I was picking this up through telepathy. I felt like crying, but I couldn't. I wanted to warm her. I was furious. This is crazy!!!! Stop it. You could have died!!!

But, my words were only absorbed by the snow.

pinecone Posted - 22 Jul 2012 : 12:37:09 AM
Can't find it on youtube. Here are some other links:

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Futurama_286/season_5/episode_8/video-results/

"The Why of Fry" -- in which (E9) Fry discovers the cosmic meaning of his existence. I hope you enjoy it!
pinecone Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 8:25:38 PM
So I gathered. By the way, are you at all familiar with the television show "Futurama?" I saw I good nineish one the other day, I'll post it here if I can find it on youtube.
dfgray44 Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 08:49:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pinecone

Magic? (I bet I you used magic).

Oh, everything I touch....a miracle at each fingertip, a burgeoning world tucked in the valley of every small ridge.

pinecone Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 01:35:03 AM
! How did you know I was a pisces? Magic? (I bet I you used magic).
Fleets Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 01:34:43 AM
Thanks, df.
dfgray44 Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 01:28:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pinecone

Thanks!

~

pinecone Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 01:24:20 AM
Thanks!
dfgray44 Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 01:23:54 AM
The Structure and Dynamics of the Psyche (Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Volume 8)

pinecone Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 01:10:48 AM
Do you have a citation for that, Gray? I would love to use it in something I'm working on.
dfgray44 Posted - 21 Jul 2012 : 12:32:14 AM
Jung:

'As a rule, the unconscious content contrasts strikingly with the conscious material, particularly when the conscious attitude tends too exclusively in a direction that would threaten the vital needs of the individual. The more one-sided his conscious attitude is, and the further it deviates from the optimum, the greater becomes the possibility that vivid dreams with a strongly contrasting but purposive content will appear as an expression of the self-regulation of the psyche.'

Fleets Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 10:18:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Desdemona

Oh wow, that's interesting. I sometimes have dreams where I act in a manner completely contrary to how I feel....in such a way that I'll wake up distressed, like, "No! That isn't how I feel! That isn't what I want!" Dunno why, but I hate it. Like, I've sometimes dreamed that I saw Storm and had an attitude like, "Meh, so what", then I'd be all upset and frantic when I woke up, like I'd actually told him I didn't care anything about him. It sucks butt.

I also dreamed a few times in the past that I let a friend I've never been interested in act romantically with me, and I just went along with it, like "eh, whatever". I'd wake up internally screaming, "Noooooo!" It's like the strength of my revulsion would actually wake me up.

I don't know what weirdness in my psyche leads me to have dreams where I do things like this.

7w6cp Sx/sp
ENFP
Dramatic/Mercurial/Adventurous/Idiosyncratic Style

Thatís exactly how it was, Des. Itís like watching yourself in
disbelief. I wonder why we have these dreams Ė acting out the
alternate route/reality. There must be a reason. (It has the feeling
of a warning.)

I am usually careful to roar at my mother when she is up to her
oneish tricks. : ) Itís the only way to stop her, and I am a very
effective roarer, lol.
Desdemona Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 8:46:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fleets
In hypnosis, the girl gave me some information about why she was unhappy.

In the dream, my mother suddenly appeared and I sided with her against the child, agreeing with her that the child was weird/bad news.
I had been told in therapy to cherish and give strength to that child.

Oh wow, that's interesting. I sometimes have dreams where I act in a manner completely contrary to how I feel....in such a way that I'll wake up distressed, like, "No! That isn't how I feel! That isn't what I want!" Dunno why, but I hate it. Like, I've sometimes dreamed that I saw Storm and had an attitude like, "Meh, so what", then I'd be all upset and frantic when I woke up, like I'd actually told him I didn't care anything about him. It sucks butt.

I also dreamed a few times in the past that I let a friend I've never been interested in act romantically with me, and I just went along with it, like "eh, whatever". I'd wake up internally screaming, "Noooooo!" It's like the strength of my revulsion would actually wake me up.

I don't know what weirdness in my psyche leads me to have dreams where I do things like this.

7w6cp Sx/sp
ENFP
Desdemona Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 8:38:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by savory
Walden was very assertive and present, leading, active, blond, and the dark haired 7w6 was much more 6-ish and smiling in comparison. I told them that "oh yes, I can see the differences quite clearly between you two, in terms of wing".

I actually don't think I'm very sixish in person, fwiw.

7w6cp Sx/sp
ENFP
Desdemona Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 8:36:23 PM
quote:

I dreamt that I met myself when I was 14. There were many free-floating staircases to climb.
Fourteen was the age I accessed during hypno-therapy, when I was directed to go back and meet myself as a child.

That's a very cool dream. When I was about 21, I dreamed I was back in my life at a much earlier age....like 14 or something. The weird thing about it was that my energy felt so much lighter and purer and less encumbered. It was a striking difference, though I'd always gone through emotional issues and depressions, all through my life. Looking back at myself at 21, I'd say I was much less encumbered then than I've been in the years since, so I wonder if I'm going through life becoming more and more dragged down by the things I experience (and whether all of us are). It was sad, actually, to feel how much better I'd felt all those years earlier, even though I probably wouldn't have said at the time that I felt so great at all. I wonder what I'd feel like now, if I went back to 21, or what I'd feel like 10 years from now, if I went back to today. I wonder, too, if there's a way to recapture the lost purity of vibration, like cleaning off a dirty window pane. I wouldn't want to lose the depth and knowledge I've gained from living, but I'd like to recapture a little of that former energy, somehow.

7w6cp Sx/sp
ENFP
Fleets Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 02:22:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Stormy

How did the meeting go?

- [Stormy]

In hypnosis, the girl gave me some information about why she was unhappy.

In the dream, my mother suddenly appeared and I sided with her against the child, agreeing with her that the child was weird/bad news.
I had been told in therapy to cherish and give strength to that child.
Stormy Posted - 20 Jul 2012 : 01:37:42 AM
quote:

I dreamt that I met myself when I was 14. There were many free-floating staircases to climb.
Fourteen was the age I accessed during hypno-therapy, when I was directed to go back and meet myself as a child.

How did the meeting go?

- [Stormy]
Fleets Posted - 19 Jul 2012 : 7:10:42 PM

quartz Posted - 19 May 2012 : 5:32:23 PM
Fleets and shakti, thanks for your comments. I'm reflecting on them (cooking? ) and may think out loud about it some more here in the next few days.
bertharogers Posted - 19 May 2012 : 10:49:34 AM
That is pretty cynical of you Skunk. If you were from the south maybe I would call you Skink instead. But I figure you have a reason to be touchy. Your life is your life. Let your story shine.
skunk Posted - 19 May 2012 : 03:00:56 AM
I had an Ennea-Dream that I found the PIN for Don Riso's bank account. I went straight to Level 1 health.

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page