New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Larceny

Niger
1562 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  11:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Larceny's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eminem (5w4 soc/sp??)

Mike Tyson

Jennifer Lopez

Keanu Reeves

Cameron Diaz (7w6 soc/sx??)

Dave Letterman

Jimmy Kimmel

Chris Rock

ISTP

xenobart

721 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  1:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit xenobart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like trying to type people, so here's my guesses-
Eminem- 6w7
Mike Tyson- 6
Jennifer Lopez- 3w2
Keanu Reeves- 5 or 9?
Cameron Diaz (7w6 soc/sx??)- yeah that sounds about right.
Dave Letterman- 6
Jimmy Kimmel- don't know
Chris Rock- another 6

How about these pop stars?
Britney Spears- 3w2 ESFP
Christina Aguilera- 4w3 (3w4?) sx/soc ENFP
Avril Lavigne- 9w8 ISTP (6w7?)

xenobart
5w6/sx/sp/INTP
Go to Top of Page

henry5150

Algeria
1773 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  1:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit henry5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All I know is that Mike Tyson deserves a category all his own, I call it BFIE or Biggest [blocked]ing Idiot Ever.
Go to Top of Page

bradley

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  6:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit bradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
eminem is NOT a 5w4. hes probably just a really angry 2 or something.

keanu is a 9, obviously. just look at him with his "whoa"s and general vacancy.

j-lo has got to be a 3 probably a 3w2.

mike tyson is probably a counterphobic 6

i think you're right about cameron diaz.

7w6, [blocked]

Edited by - bradley on 20 Jul 2003 6:57:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  7:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eminem a 2? LOL Good grief.

I'd say some think he's an 8, and others think him a counterphobic 6. I typed Chris Rock on the stand up comedian thread.
Go to Top of Page

sol

523 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit sol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Xenobart,

Avril Lavigne a 9?? And an introvert? Holy cow! I'd say ESTP 6w7. And why do you think Christina Aguilera's an N?

7w8 soc/sx INTP
Go to Top of Page

Pelly

Canada
261 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  5:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is dumb, but what type do you think Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie Bradshaw on Sex in the City is?
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  11:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started a TV Typin' thread before. http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1046&whichpage=1 Many celebs have been typed here. If you do a search, you may turn up something that's already been posted.
Go to Top of Page

xenobart

721 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  12:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit xenobart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey sol, you're probably right about 6w7. I was trying to decide between 9w8 and 6w7, and now that I think of it, the one video of hers I saw showed some massive ph 6 tendencies. She strikes me as the classic freedom-loving motercycle-driving ISTP, though. She seems enclosed in herself to be an E. But I don't follow any of these singers all that closely, I admit.

Christina I think is an N because she seems like a creative person with her own visions. She actually seems to have some original ideas, unlike Britney and Avril. And I've never heard of a type 4 sensor. I used to think ESFP for her as well but reconsindered after her latest album.

I've only seen Sex and The City twice or so, but Carrie seemed possibly INFPish? Clearly Carrie was an NF, Miranda an NT (INTJ?)< and the other two characters were an SP and an SJ type.

All right, have to go check out Synergy's link.

xenobart
5w6/sx/sp/INTP
Go to Top of Page

Hayley.

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  05:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hayley.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mostly guessing:

Eminem - 2 (i hope) or 6

Mike Tyson - counterphobic 6 or 8 ?

Jennifer Lopez - 2w3 (pretty sure)

Keanu Reeves - 9w8 (sure)

Cameron Diaz - 7w6 (sure)

Dave Letterman - 1

Jimmy Kimmel - 9??

Chris Rock - 9w8 I can't explain why but I see it for some reason. I could be terribly wrong.

Awesome. I love typing. I have a community for it on livejournal = www.livejournal.com/users/typers

There should be more posts for typing.

We are in search of
the force that is direct pure sober
UNIQUE we are in search of NOTHING
we affirm the VITALITY of every IN-
STANT

8====D~~~ (__(___)
4w5 sp/sx/so INFJ
Go to Top of Page

Hayley.

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  05:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hayley.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Synergy

Eminem a 2? LOL Good grief.

I've known quite a few hostile 2s. Yeah, he has a big 8 connection, but his friends think he's a super guy. It's really an ironic and hilarious fit, which means it MUST be true. And it's not like he doesn't try to rationalize the hell out of what he's doing. He reminds me of the 2s I meet who think they relate to the 4s they know. All that "artist" talk. 2w3.

We are in search of
STANT

8====D~~~ (__(___)
4w5 sp/sx/so INFJ
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  06:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hayley, it's kind of funny that you rag on people for confusing 6 and 9, 2 Types that are probably one of the easiest pairings to confuse, yet, you don't even know a 6 from a 1. David Letterman is a 6. How in the world could you think one? I think Chris Rock is a counterphobic 6w7.

Oh, believe me, I know that 2's can be nasty little[blocked]ants.

"Super guy" can be any Type. No Type has a corner on being 'nice' or being an [blocked]. 6's can be nice, especially to their "homeys" that they trust, and 8's can be the nicest and most big hearted people you meet. (Not that most people know squat about Type 8...) I used to think Eminem was an 8, but the more I learn of him, the more I'm leaning towards counterphobic 6. Why? 6's play the victim, whereas an 8 never will. He constantly goes on how he's persecuted by his critics (6), his lyrics are fear-based even though they're hostile. (E.g. I'll put anthrax on your tampax and slap you til you can't stand.), he's notoriously negative (6), and 6's become competitive and arrogant at 3, often adopting an "image" and "it's all about me" (which Eminem does with things like "I say Hussein, and you say Shady."). And Eminem's image?
quote:
Violence underpins this record in the same way the death of a loved one taints your soul forever. Having been accused of pistol-whipping a love rival in a parking lot, Marshall revels in gunplay, often glorifying and sermonising in the same song. 'Soldier' is an exercise in machismo, Marshall declaring that he has an "obligation" to his image to be a glock-toting idiot and that "being reasonable will leave you full of bullets".
(See http://www.dotmusic.com/reviews/Albums/May2002/reviews25212.asp for more.)

8's already know they're powerful and don't usually resort to the kind of repetitive, searing verbal hostility. Mommie Dearest portrayed an 8, but she exerted her cruelty and will in the physical...just where her center is. Eminem's hostility is mental, and very intelligent. This speaks to me of a head based origin...especially his mental quickness. 8's in the media usually say their piece, and their done with it. It's the victim, us vs. them mentality of a 6 that keeps [blocked]in' and whining about how unfair and hard things are. You won't see an 8 do that.

And what if Eminem is just Marshal Mathers alter ego, but he's really someone else IRL? I have a theory about alter egos: I think artists who have them often play out their Stress/Security Point OR the opposite of their Type. For example, if I were a right brain artist, I'd probably showcase dark images and dark poetry. I usually squelch it, but if I were "split" enough, that's what I'd go for as an alter ego. Ever read about "trap-door" 1's? They're the librarian whores, for example. Prim and proper by day, loose as a goose by night. Their "bad boy" or "bad girl" persona is the valve for their passions and hostility...things they can't allow themselves to do in 1 mode. (Thus, another split). Counterphobic 6's are really a split from phobic 6's. It's as if they're 2 different Types, except in fear. Counterphobic 6's will deliberately provoke people to see if they're loyal, whereas a phobic 6 will do their best to remain secure within a group or relationship.

Eminem doesn't want to be ignored; I think he feels invisible. I also think that a part of his provocation is a 3ish bolstering of his image and the craving to be someone...even if that someone is hated by many. 8's don't care if they're hated, but counterphobic 6's seem to relish in it. Almost like a kid thinking "negative attention is better than no attention."

Just some ramblings...
Go to Top of Page

dd1

USA
1313 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  06:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit dd1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"8's can be the nicest and most big hearted people you meet."

That's very true Synergy; I have been on the receiving end more than once from an 8 we know well. I think 8's get a bad rap because of some low functioning examples out there.

1w9 INTJ
Go to Top of Page

jase

USA
3489 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  06:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit jase's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw an interview of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Afflek. She seems like a 3w4 sp/sx, which surprised me just a little, and he came across pretty clearly as a soc/sx Seven, with a touch of Eight wing.
Go to Top of Page

Hayley.

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  06:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hayley.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hayley, it's kind of funny that you rag on people for confusing 6 and 9, 2 Types that are probably one of the easiest pairings to confuse, yet, you don't even know a 6 from a 1. David Letterman is a 6. How in the world could you think one? I think Chris Rock is a counterphobic 6w7.

I said in the beginning of my post that I was GUESSING. I've probably seen about 5 minutes of footage of David Letterman in my life. I think he sucks. I don't think Chris Rock is a counterphobic 6w7, he doesn't seem that defensive or angry..

Eminem sounds like he could be a 6 from your points. That was my other choice as you will see. I like to think 2 because it's funny to me.

We are in search of
STANT

8====D~~~ (__(___)
4w5 sp/sx/so INFJ
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, anger is a funny thing, Hayley. It often manifests in non-angry ways. But 6's are primarily fear types, so if they do have anger, fear is probably at the root. Chris' biggest schtick from what I see (I can't stand him personally, so this is going by the little I've seen/read) is white man vs. black man. If I recall correctly, this is the kind of thing Richard Pryor did as a 6 black comedian. Anger often comes in guises such as sarcasm, blistering insights (6 comedians are often funny because there is a grain of truth in it AND it's something that appeals to fellow 6's...the common man), passive agressive behavior (2's, 6's, and 9's have this perfected), stubborness, etc. It's all about motivation.

A phobic 6 may seek to be a part of the group when confronted by an "enemy", while a counterphobic 6 will confront the enemy head on...often looking like an 8. But the core for both is fear of the "enemy." This is a quote from Chris Rock's book Rock This
quote:
They see two black men together and it's a crowd. A dangerous mob. To white people, even Ed Bradley and Bryant Gumbel waiting to cross the street is potentially scary.
Counterphobic 6's project what is "scary" to "them". (But they are the ones that are scared.)

Chris appears to have a bit of charm to him, which 6's often have...especially 6w7, but he doesn't have the warmth/heat of an 8. I see 8's like fire, and counterphobic 6's like a caustic household cleaning substance.

Just some thoughts...
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oddsocks (I can't help it...counterphobic 6's are often like nails on a chalkboard to me.)

I've seen outtakes of Chan (Shanghai Knights...we love Owen Wilson around here! He strikes me as a 9.), and an interview of him. He tries to play things for laughs, and is very physical and daring,and very busy and hardworking. On the surface, I'd say 7 or even possibly 9, but he may very well be a 3. I came across a quote from him
quote:
I want to be remembered like I remember Buster Keaton. When they talk about Buster Keaton or Gene Kelly, people say 'Ah yes, they good'. Maybe one day they remember Jackie Chan that way. That's all".
. I've seen other similar quotes, too. The question is, what motivates Jackie Chan? Here's a bio: http://www.jackiechan.com/biography/

(I think his Rush Hour co-star was Chris Tucker. Another obnoxious fellow.)

Edited by - Synergy on 22 Jul 2003 07:32:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I missed the actual movie because Athens was watching it on DVD, and I had to tend to my son downstairs. I got to see the outtakes, though. (Yeah, Owen is mesmerizing. He's Athens fave, and his crush on Owen is rubbing off on me. Athens likes fellow surfer dude 9's, I guess. )
Go to Top of Page

Hayley.

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hayley.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, anger is a funny thing, Hayley. It often manifests in non-angry ways. But 6's are primarily fear types, so if they do have anger, fear is probably at the root. Chris' biggest schtick from what I see (I can't stand him personally, so this is going by the little I've seen/read) is white man vs. black man. If I recall correctly, this is the kind of thing Richard Pryor did as a 6 black comedian. Anger often comes in guises such as sarcasm, blistering insights (6 comedians are often funny because there is a grain of truth in it AND it's something that appeals to fellow 6's...the common man), passive agressive behavior (2's, 6's, and 9's have this perfected), stubborness, etc. It's all about motivation.

A phobic 6 may seek to be a part of the group when confronted by an "enemy", while a counterphobic 6 will confront the enemy head on...often looking like an 8. But the core for both is fear of the "enemy." This is a quote from Chris Rock's book Rock This
quote:
They see two black men together and it's a crowd. A dangerous mob. To white people, even Ed Bradley and Bryant Gumbel waiting to cross the street is potentially scary.
Counterphobic 6's project what is "scary" to "them". (But they are the ones that are scared.)

Chris appears to have a bit of charm to him, which 6's often have...especially 6w7, but he doesn't have the warmth/heat of an 8. I see 8's like fire, and counterphobic 6's like a caustic household cleaning substance.

Just some thoughts...

You can't base his type on his comedy, what black comedian doesn't do the "white man vs. black man" schtick?

We are in search of
STANT

8====D~~~ (__(___)
4w5 sp/sx/so INFJ
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hayley:

Bill Cosby
Sinbad
Whoopi Goldberg
David Alan Grier (not 100% sure)
J.J. Walker
Keenan Ivory Wayans (?)

You have to realize, too, that American black culture is often very 6ish anyway, so even if a black comedian isn't a 6, he may play off the popular 6ish schtick.

I'm not basing the typing solely on that. It's also mannerism, way of speaking, interviews, etc.
Go to Top of Page

xenobart

721 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  6:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit xenobart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd say probably 3w4 for Jackie Chan myself, ISTP mbti type. So did anyone else love the Shanghai Noon/Knights movies? Pretty mindless entertainment but ultimately hilarious.

Now here's a longshot: what types were the three American figure skaters at the SLC Olympics? I'm thinking Michelle Kwan is a 6 or 9 ISFJ or ISTJ but I'm finding her hard to pin. Sasha Cohen is obviously a 3w4 and an ISTP or ESTP. Sarah Hughes I'm not so sure about- could she be a 5w4 INTJ?

xenobart
5w6/sx/sp/INTP
Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  8:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love figure skating. I think Sara Hughes is a 7. She's very family oriented (I think she has a big and supportive family, if I'm not mistaken). She may be a 2. Kwan...not sure. It came as a surprise to me when she fired her long time coach to "re-invent" herself. She doesn't seem very bothered by pressure like other skaters. Very consistent. I'd guess 3 or 6.

Go to Top of Page

Synergy

USA
4393 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  12:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Synergy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
9's a possibility, too. I've seen Nancy Kerrigan typed as a 9 before. It's kinda hard to type people that don't give many indepth interviews, and even if they do give them, you're not sure what is PR advised. So determining motivation can be tricky.
Go to Top of Page

diamondseeker

1878 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  08:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit diamondseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Britney Spears- 3w2 ESFP
Christina Aguilera- 4w3 (3w4?) sx/soc ENFP
Avril Lavigne- 9w8 ISTP (6w7?)

i agree with all that xcept Avril, she's such a rude [blocked] No manners. 9s r usually easygoing happy campers who DONT love themselves.

i'm c-ing her as either 3w4 or 4w5, tho i imagine more liekly 4w5 bcoz she simply has no manners, she loves herself & doesnt seem 2 b socially developed.

JLO seems 3w4 to me.

<BUSH IS A LIAR>
Go to Top of Page

kate5w4

371 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  10:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit kate5w4's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's so funny how much health can affect a person. My best friend has major issues with 8's. In a way, she respects them, cause she's a 6 and they have that courage, but in another way, she hates them, cause all her 8 friends have been unhealthy. I love em cause I have a few really close people in my life that are healthy eights, and they're great.
Pelly, I'm addicted to sex and the city. Miranda seems like a 1w9 maybe. Samantha, a 7w8, Charlotte a 3w2, and Carrie, I'm still not sure of. I'd say 4w3.
Eminem, I'm lost on. I always thought 6w7, but now I'm not sure.

"One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
Andre Gide
Go to Top of Page

EnneagramTypeOne

USA
1273 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2003 :  11:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit EnneagramTypeOne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dd1

"8's can be the nicest and most big hearted people you meet."

That's very true Synergy; I have been on the receiving end more than once from an 8 we know well. I think 8's get a bad rap because of some low functioning examples out there.

1w9 INTJ

That would make sense as when healthy, they move to the healthy stage of a Two.

"Dear One" who is learning not to be such a perfectionist in this world
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page