What Type is Jesus?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

knievelx13

331 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  4:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit knievelx13's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Based on the scriptures what type would you say Jesus is or was?

5w4

Crooner

USA
6487 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  4:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Crooner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 9 EnneaTypes correspond to 9 of the 10 spheres in the Kaballah Tree of the Sephirot.

http://www.projectmind.org/treeoflife.html

Each soul represents a spark from the spheres. It is the 2nd through the 10th spheres that represent the 9 EnneaTypes. These 9 spheres emanate from their antecedent, Keter.

Christ and the Buddha represent that rare embodiment of Keter. The rest of us come from one of the other 9 spheres.

Crooner
Go to Top of Page

jase

USA
3489 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  4:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit jase's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wrote a long post but accidentally hit the wrong button and it vanished.

Divine intervention.
Go to Top of Page

jase

USA
3489 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  5:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit jase's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The first coming of the Christ is characterized in Isaiah as "The Servant." Jesus of Nazareth could be seen as most resembling a 2w1, or at least fulfilling that role. The Son represents the obedience humanity is to have to the divine order, as a response to the authority and law of God. The Servant of the first coming was the example of this obedience, and therefore embodies the compliant triad of 2-1-6 (service, righteousness, faithfulness). The Father provides an image of the dominion and increase of the expansive 3-7-8 triad. The Spirit is essentially withdrawn and doesn't call direct attention to itself, ala the 4-5-9 triad.

Jesus himself is indwelt with the full nature of the Godhead, but his role in the gospels was specifically compliant in nature, thus his servant role has defined the prevailing idea of his personality. The Bible however, presents the person of the Son from many, many angles. For instance, the Son as the "Ancient of Days" in the book of Daniel is more similar to the great "8w9 in the sky" image of God.
Go to Top of Page

MysticSonic

USA
770 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  5:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit MysticSonic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jase's typing of nine.

---
5w6/6w5-SP/SX/SO-INTp-Idiosyncratic
http://the16types.info/
Go to Top of Page

anon1

7611 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  5:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit anon1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you read where he speaks in the bible, read it keeping in mind he spoke metaphorically for the most part and then decide what Type he was (if you haven't done this already). I personally understand him and feel he represents NF very clearly and his being incoherent to the sensor I believe lead to his demise.

4 sx/sp/so
Go to Top of Page

jase

USA
3489 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  6:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jase's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The four faces of the cherubs in Ezekiel mirror the four gospels, each emphasizing a role of the Christ - ruler, servant, man, deity. Each face/gospel is directed towards one of the four temperaments. Jesus in Mark is like an action hero SP. Jesus in John is a total NF. In Matthew he's the SJ's 24-Karat Messiah, stamped and approved via OT legalisms. Rather than contradict, these angles provide glimpses into the full bodied consistency of his nature, it's just that our minds tend to prefer one approach over others. I've always been partial to John's perspective, Luke's a close second.
Go to Top of Page

brainstorm v5.4

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  6:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit brainstorm v5.4's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jase: "The four faces of the cherubs in Ezekiel mirror the four gospels ..."

I would say that the reverse is more accurate.

brainstorm - 5w4, INTP

Never forget
http://p213.ezboard.com/bsiberia72972

Edited by - brainstorm v5.4 on 08 Oct 2004 6:19:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

anon1

7611 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  12:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit anon1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Enneagram authors call it, "essence." Jesus called it, "Father." It's your protection and that's basically all he was saying and he like the Enneagram was teaching people how to discover it because he believed it is where we come from and if we go to it, we can protect ourselves and others with the knowledge that we are unhealthy as a people otherwise.

4 sx/sp/so
Go to Top of Page

slipgun

USA
1583 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  03:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit slipgun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dee
I personally understand him and feel he represents NF very clearly and his being incoherent to the sensor I believe lead to his demise.

If that's the case (although I don't see it as being so clear-cut), it's ironic how many Sensors embrace him today.

I'm a bit miffed the Christian right today seem to resemble the Jews of Jesus' time.

Edited by - slipgun on 09 Oct 2004 03:10:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

anon1

7611 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  08:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit anon1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess it depends on your perception. I can make sense out of what he is saying and am able to decipher it because he speaks my language. It's not an easy read but for me it is. Example might be that when he speaks of praying alone he then says to pray to "our" father, to say "our." This would suggest to me that he's not the only son of God. It can also suggest that he's more than just the body;the mind, he's praying being one with instead of two which is the Father and the evil one. The evil one meaning anything but that makes a person who s/he is. Lots of Freud information he gives out and I read it as such expect that Fread wasn't to exist 2000 years ago. He calls sensors "hypocrites" and I think he's referring to T's as well when he says this. He refers to enlightment as angels and so forth - clarity of the mind. You reach this when you discover your essence or as he calls it, "Father." He was basically a teacher of psychology and was constantly doing reverse psychology on people. People didn't like this, people don't like change. These people thought they new better, they did not.

4 sx/sp/so
Go to Top of Page

EnneagramTypeOne

USA
1273 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2004 :  10:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit EnneagramTypeOne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by knievelx13

Based on the scriptures what type would you say Jesus is or was?

5w4

I think he showed elements of all types at one time or other. He was balanced.

learning not to be such a perfectionist in this world...
1 w 2 so/sp/sx ESFJ

"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." ---Sam Levenson
Go to Top of Page

Odyssey

4136 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  04:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Odyssey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New evidence that Jesus was an 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK3TcNGC55I
Go to Top of Page

Odyssey

4136 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  04:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Odyssey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And then Jesus said:
"If you can't have sex to this you're either a bishop or a eunuch."

Edited by - Odyssey on 14 Mar 2010 04:32:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Honey Bee

17258 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  04:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Honey Bee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i read in some other ancient writtings...jesus is shaven, blond, blue eyed and very tall.
Go to Top of Page

Quebranta

135 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  09:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quebranta's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Odyssey

New evidence that Jesus was an 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK3TcNGC55I

with a 7 wing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0yz5Jo4Os
Go to Top of Page

transformer

1371 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  1:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit transformer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jesus was a 2w1. (With a strong 1 wing)
Go to Top of Page

Zapperbazzer

1462 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  3:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Zapperbazzer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moixa

I love when he got angry at the temple and was whippin ass!!!

Yeah, there's a car park my friend uses alot when we go out together but on some weekends it gets closed off for market stalls to be erected, it's a carpark not a marketplace!
I can really relate to Jesus

Edited by - Zapperbazzer on 23 Apr 2010 3:40:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

christabel

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  5:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit christabel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd have said 2w1. He never struck me as a 1w2 because he actually disagreed with the Pharisees and those who heavily adhered to the written laws. I think a 1w2 might have had more trouble with that whole "spirit of the law" vs "letter of the law" idea than a 2w1. Most E1s I know are more "letter of the law" people, but then I'm only dealing with a limited sample of E1s naturally.

What would be interesting would also be what types Mary and Joseph were. I mean, they say your personality is heavily influenced by your parents and upbringing, childhood experiences, and sibling position in the family (when applicable).

E2, so/sx/sp

"In order to be effective truth must penetrate like an arrow - and that is likely to hurt." 'Posthumous Pieces' by Wei Wu Wei

Go to Top of Page

Gontxu

Argentina
565 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  6:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gontxu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Analyzing the issue from a Historical -and not religiuos-perspective, Jesus probably was a Social 2 (¨The Ambassador¨, striving to be someone IMPORTANT and , according to Claudio Naranjo, the subtype of many Political Leaders,such as Alexander The Great & Julius Caesar) He surely had very a strong 1 wing.
His¨anger was more of a Two in Eight anger than the phariseic anger of Ones.

-Mary Magdalene was a Sexual 2 (¨The Temptress¨, The ¨Femme Fatale¨, ¨The Vamp¨.

Not a clue about Joseph & Mary...I guess Mary could have been a 9.

GONTXU

LET IT BE
E 3 (SX / SO/ SP )
ENFJ

Go to Top of Page

goodmourning

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2010 :  8:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit goodmourning's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jase

The four faces of the cherubs in Ezekiel mirror the four gospels, each emphasizing a role of the Christ - ruler, servant, man, deity. Each face/gospel is directed towards one of the four temperaments. Jesus in Mark is like an action hero SP. Jesus in John is a total NF. In Matthew he's the SJ's 24-Karat Messiah, stamped and approved via OT legalisms. Rather than contradict, these angles provide glimpses into the full bodied consistency of his nature, it's just that our minds tend to prefer one approach over others. I've always been partial to John's perspective, Luke's a close second.

I like this. The more I contemplate it, the more I see the bible as esoteric. It's as if, when you get to John, a supposedly gnostic gospel, it's the knowledge of truth, in and of itself, teaching or something. And I've always wondered why you begin with a God with human-like aspects, in the Hebrew Testament, and as you progress to the New Testament, you end up with God as man, and God as Love. I may be way off, but it seems that the bible may be set up to contemplate differentiated aspects of the soul, and then to the formless, absolute, and personal essence in the Christian testament.
So Jesus the man, maybe, maybe a 2, like Rohr laments, but as he said, like all the big religious figures, represents all types in an awakened way.

Most likely 5w4, if you must know what type my rambles are coming from...
Go to Top of Page

christabel

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2010 :  3:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit christabel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gontxu

Analyzing the issue from a Historical -and not religiuos-perspective, Jesus probably was a Social 2 (¨The Ambassador¨, striving to be someone IMPORTANT and , according to Claudio Naranjo, the subtype of many Political Leaders,such as Alexander The Great & Julius Caesar) He surely had very a strong 1 wing.
His¨anger was more of a Two in Eight anger than the phariseic anger of Ones.

-Mary Magdalene was a Sexual 2 (¨The Temptress¨, The ¨Femme Fatale¨, ¨The Vamp¨.

Not a clue about Joseph & Mary...I guess Mary could have been a 9.

Interestingly, I completely identify with Jesus when it comes to the times when he was in his "No one cares about ME" mode. This happens to us 2s, but it's interesting to see the times it happened to him too. For example, he healed 10 lepers and only one had the decency to come back and say "Thank you". He said "Didn't I heal 10 of you? Where are the other 9?". This is one of our typical 2 reactions to the old "You people are taking me for granted a bit here!" behaviours from others.

A few other "classic" 2w1 moments occur when he was in the Garden of Gethsamene and suddenly his 3 best friends fell asleep on the one night HE needed them. Ha! He says "Couldn't you watch with me?" and expresses his disappointment in them after all he had done for them when they needed him.

Another real E2 moment was when Mary Magdalene was perfuming him and trying to wash his feet and make him comfortable and suddenly the disciples (I think maybe Judas?) said something along the lines of "Why would you have someone like her here? Do you know her reputation?" etc and Jesus told him to leave her be and that she was with him now. Basically, it's fascinating that they were both E2s and when two of that type find each other, a strong bond can form as they both give to each other when they are not used to receiving in return so much. She looked after him when he needed someone to think of his needs, and he appeared to her first in the Bible after the Resurrection.

If you read these incidents, anyway, I would say that his reactions in those are typical of a 2 who was feeling let down with his own needs resurfacing at those times. While it's natural for other types to feel let down by their friends and family from time to time, the way the incidents were described and the words used to me suggest a definite 2w1 reaction.

As for Mary Magdalene being a sexual E2, the only thing I would say about that is that in those days prostitution may not have been a choice. She may have been a sexually stacked E2, but then again, it's possible that she was somehow forced into her profession or had bad luck or something to that effect. What I mean is, I don't know for sure if you can judge the sexual stacking issue simply from the fact of her profession. On the other hand, you could argue that she was highly focused and affectionate as regards Jesus, but then, most 2s tend to have seductive tendencies anyway and so I'm not sure that you can conclude anything definite about her instinctual stackings just from those facts alone.

All the same, it's interesting to hear what everyone else makes of the gospel evidence for and against these ideas.

E2, so/sx/sp

"In order to be effective truth must penetrate like an arrow - and that is likely to hurt." 'Posthumous Pieces' by Wei Wu Wei

Edited by - christabel on 24 Apr 2010 3:41:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gontxu

Argentina
565 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2010 :  8:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gontxu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Christabel, nice post :) froma Two perspective.
And not, I´m not typing her Sexual first because of her profession, that would be ridiculous from my part.I guess there are prostitutes from the 9 types!
I was typing her according to what i read about her story, description and traits...

GONTXU

LET IT BE
E 3 (SX / SO/ SP )
ENFJ

Go to Top of Page

christabel

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2010 :  04:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit christabel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Gontxu,

Well, actually I was interested in why you were typing her an SX first, partly because my mom (a classic E1) is heavily into all things Biblical and has done study courses on this stuff. One thing she said that they found out in her course (although please take this with a grain of salt, since as everyone in the Bible is now dead it is, to me, a lot harder to find anything resembling a "fact" here about Bible studies) was that Mary Magdalene may not have been a prostitute but some woman of a wealthier background who was effectively the financial "backer" of Jesus and the disciples.

Now, HOW anyone would have reached that conclusion, I'm not sure, and as I said, I don't have any evidence (nor, I suspect to they) for such an assertion. All the same, it is possible that she had access to some of the finer things in life, if only from that expensive perfume story in the Bible where she was washing Jesus' feet and perfuming them.

That was one reason I was wondering why you thought she might be an SX first. Not that there is anything wrong with an E2 being an SX first anyway. One of my best friends is E2 SX, so I quite like that type.

As an additional note, during that perfuming of the feet thing, I believe in one of the gospels there was the suggestion that the perfume could have been sold to raise money for the poor or something and Jesus said "The poor will always be with you" with a view to his being tired and worn out and expressing the feeling that at this point, even if the perfume could have gone to the poor, he needed something back too.

Here, I just found it on the net---Type 2 in "Needs resurfacing mode"
(Matthew 26:6 - 13)

While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Basically, this is how it feels when our needs resurface (which doesn't happen all that much, usually, but when it does it can feel like "ME FIRST NOW" in a very strong push to feel free from everyone else's needs and to feel like something we want has to come first for once). Also, we are HUGELY appreciative of whoever actually notices and responds to our own needs. This is often another 2 but not always, and often even while we are saying "No, no, don't bother . . I am fine really" we are really deeply grateful to whoever noticed we even HAD a need. This is why Jesus says that whenever this gospel is preached, this story of what this woman did for him should be told, while he points out that even he couldn't see to all the needs of the poor and that sometimes his own needs had to come first when they resurfaced.

When I was a kid, I always thought this story was strangely out of place in the Bible because it wasn't about Jesus talking about the poor or doing a miracle for someone else. As an adult E2, I totally get it now, and if it had been left out of the Bible, it would have been a loss because it really helps to define and illustrate his complete personality very clearly and totally fits with what he would have really been like as a person.

E2, so/sx/sp

Edited by - christabel on 27 Apr 2010 04:32:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Desdemona

USA
16701 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2010 :  10:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Desdemona's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by christabel
As for Mary Magdalene being a sexual E2, the only thing I would say about that is that in those days prostitution may not have been a choice.

Is there any actual evidence of Mary Magdalene having been a prostitute? Where is this information, and how trustworthy is it?

(I usually don't weigh in on these "what type was Jesus" threads because it seems rather silly to me to speculate on this, but the issue of Mary Magdalene's having supposedly been a prostitute confuses me, as I've never found any such reference in the Bible, and don't know where people are coming by this information.)

We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
7w6 cp Sx/sp
ENFP
Dramatic/Mercurial/Adventurous/Idiosyncratic Style

Edited by - Desdemona on 27 Apr 2010 10:32:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

christabel

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2010 :  3:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit christabel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To be totally honest with you, Desdemona, I have no idea. I mean, it was something that was taught to me in Sunday school. I thought she was a reformed prostitute whom had met Jesus and he forgave her and then she became a saint. The Wiki says she was MISidenfied as a prostitute, while other ideas suggest that she was just something more like a "female disciple" of Jesus, although in those days she would have got less credit for that than the male disciples because of the way things worked back then with genders and roles.

In any case, much of the New Testament was written many years after the death of Jesus and there were other gnostic gospels which were "chucked out" in favour of the current four, so I'm not purporting to be a Biblical scholar or anything. Just someone who went to Sunday school and heard the story that she was allegedly a prostitute or a sinner. That doesn't make it so, though. The only thing I think probably is certain is that she was a Type 2 because she did seem to minister to Jesus a lot as to his more commonplace ailments (e.g. sore feet, tired muscles etc).

E2, so/sx/sp

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Return to Top

The Enneagram Institute is a Service Mark of Enneagram Personality Types, Inc.
All Images, Content and Layout Copyright The Enneagram Institute 1998-2014.

Gold Bar

Share | |

[Home] [Back to Top] [Free RHETI Sampler] [Free QUEST Test] [Full RHETI Enneagram Test] [QUEST–TAS Test] [IVQ Instincts Test] [The Enn. Cards–Sorts] [Interpreting Test Results] [Type Descriptions] [How the System Works] [Levels of Development] [The Traditional Enneagram] [Practical Applications] [Relationships—Type Combinations] [Personal Growth] [Enneagram & Spirituality] [Addictions & Type] [Business Resources] [Enneagram FAQs] [Articles & Interviews] [Discussion Board] [Free EnneaFeatures Viewer Download] [Free RHETI Sampler Download] [Free Materials] [Books & Resources] [Schedule] [Training Program] [Workshops] [Private Consultations] [About The Institute] [Institute Network] [Teachers & Referral Listing] [Guestbook] [Contact The Institute]

The Enneagram Institute Discussion Board © 2002-2014 The Enneagram Institute Go To Top Of Page