How to Begin with the Enneagram
9 Steps to Begin the Journey of Self-Discovery
The Enneagram is a vast and profound system for learning about yourself and others. Like any profound system, it takes a certain amount of work and time to master its subtleties and complexities. One of the helpful things about the Enneagram, however, is that it starts paying off with valuable insights as soon as you start looking into it. Because the Enneagram is so vast, the following steps may be helpful to pay attention to in order to enter into this complex body of knowledge.
You may wish to try these 9 steps:
- To start your journey, you will need to identify your type, so try one of our free personality typing tests.
- Read about the top three types on your Sampler results.
- For more accurate results and in-depth information, take the full RHETI, which has been independently validated.
- For ambiguous test results, see Interpreting Your Test Results.
- If you’re still in doubt about your primary type, you may also want to look at the Misidentifications Page. (If so, you’ll need to sign up for our free Members Only Pages to compare and contrast two likely types.)
- You may want to sign up for the free daily, inspirational, type-specific email, the EnneaThought for the Day.
- You can also read more about how the system works.
- Don’t forget to look into our books, especially
- Once you have an understanding about how the system works, you may want to look at the articles, practical applications, business materials, resources, and other information on our website.
We hope this gets you started. Enjoy your exploration!