The Enneagram Institute® Travel and Transportation
The Enneagram Institute Barn at Stone Ridge is situated 90 miles directly north of New York City, and 50 miles south of Albany in the beautiful Hudson River Valley. Nearby towns include Kingston, New Paltz, Woodstock, Phoenicia, and Poughkeepsie, as well as many other charming country villages. You can get to Stone Ridge either from the Albany Airport, the Newburgh, the Stewart Field Airport, or any of the New York City Airports. Below you will find many options to assist you in arranging your travel to The Barn.
The Stewart International airport is 45 minutes south of the Barn at Stone Ridge. Car service is available to the Barn at Stone Ridge from the airport. We recommend Visconti Limousine from Stewart (845) 562-5671 and Chase Transportation (845) 389-0835.
The Albany International Airport is 1 hour 30 minutes north of the Barn at Stone Ridge.
- Car rentals are available.
- Bus service is available through Trailways. See below for more details.
Stone Ridge is about 2 hours North of New York City.
- LaGuardia Airport – Queens, New York General Info Contact: (718) 533-3400
- John F. Kennedy Airport – Queens, New York General Info Contact: (718) 244-4444
- Newark International Airport – Newark, New Jersey General Info Contact: (973) 961-6000
All NY Metropolitan area Airports connect to Port Authority Terminal by Trailways Bus service to New Paltz/Rosendale. See below for details.
Bus Service to New Paltz or Kingston, NY
- Trailways, NY: (800) 776-7548
Note: There is no direct bus service to The Barn at Stone Ridge. You will need to take the bus to nearby New Paltz if coming from the south or to Kingston if coming from the north, and then take a taxi to The Barn or your hotel. All taxi information is listed below.
From Albany and points north
Take the Adirondack Trailways bus to Kingston, NY, which takes one hour. Tickets may be purchased at the Albany Airport Information Desk.
From NYC and points south: Bus ride from Port Authority Bus Terminal, New York City, to New Paltz takes less than 2 hours. Buses leave NYC Port Authority Terminal at 41st Street and 8th Avenue. Purchase your ticket before going to the gate at Pine Hill Trailways or a Greyhound kiosk in the South terminal. Make sure that you arrive at the gate (usually gate 65, North terminal) 20 minutes before departure time to ensure that you get a seat.
By Train: New York to Poughkeepsie
Note: The Train Ride is 1.5 hours from New York City to Poughkeepsie, and the Poughkeepsie station is about 45 minutes from The Barn at Stone Ridge. You will need to take a taxi or arrange other transportation to The Barn. Metro North is generally much less expensive than Amtrak.
- Metro-North Railroad via the Hudson Line: (212) 532-4900. Departs from Grand Central Station, NYC.
- Amtrak: (800) 872-7245: reservations recommended. Departs from Penn Station, NYC.
Note: It is recommended to print out the driving directions and have them with you upon arrival. Chase Transportation will pick you up at any location and is the most reliable. Reservations are recommended, please call for current rates.
- Chase Transportation (all locations) - Adam: (845) 389-0835
Reservations are required with at least 24 hours’ notice. Prices vary depending on location, call for current pricing. All tolls and parking fees are included in the price; gratuity is not. If you find others to share a ride, please notify the driver with at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Kingston Bus Station: Kingston Cabs: (845) 331-8200 .
- New Paltz Bus Station: New Paltz Taxi: (845) 255-1550
- Poughkeepsie Train Station: Delroy Taxi: (845) 452- 1222, Cabs meet most trains